The top 10 TV Lines of All Time
"Heeere's Johnny!" is the top TV line of all time, according to a TV Land Top 100 list that covers 60 years of American television shows, cartoons, commercials and quotes from news programs. For 30 years, late night talk-show host Johnny Carson was introduced by his sidekick Ed McMahon with "Heeere's Johnny!" Even though Carson went off the air in May 1992, this catchy phrase has still been deemed the most memorable TV line ever.
Neil Armstrong's famous line, "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" that he said on July 20, 1969 as he took his first step on the lunar surface, came in second. One fun note: Armstrong flubbed the line. He meant to say, "One small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."
The list, which was compiled by TV Land producers and editors, features not only catchphrases from TV shows, but also unforgettable one-liners from 10 commercials. "We have found that television is such a huge part of baby boomers' DNA that it makes sense that so much of America's pop culture jargon comes from TV," said Larry W. Jones, president of TV Land.
The top 10 greatest TV quotes and catchphrases:
1. "Heeere's Johnny!" (Ed McMahon, "The Tonight Show")
2. "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." (Neil Armstrong)
3. "You're fired!" (Donald Trump, "The Apprentice")
4. "Baby, you're the greatest." (Ralph Kramden, "The Honeymooners")
5. "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." (John F. Kennedy)
6. "D'oh!" (Homer Simpson, "The Simpsons")
7. "Where's the beef?" (Wendy's commercial)
8. "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?" (Arnold Drummond, "Diff'rent Strokes")
9. "Yabba dabba do!" (Fred Flintstone, "The Flintstones")
10. "I'm not a crook." (Richard Nixon)
(Source: TV Land)
Any Posts I make, are for discussion purposes only. I am not vouching for any programs. One should invest in HYIPs with Extreme Caution.
Join Team Earners $13.00 will teach you to make a living online. 100% Money back guarantee.