The Secrets To Increase Your Emails Being Read
by Robin Rushlo
Copyright (c) 2007 Robin Rushlo
Don't let your email end up in the spam filter box. This study shows what consumers are doing with your inbound email messages.
Email volume was up slightly from last year's levels, although the ratio of spam (56 percent) remained constant. This may be due to an increased use in bulk folders that are now used by 52.9 percent of respondents versus 48.8 percent in 2002. Consumers are also smarter about spam. A greater number are deleting spam without reading it, and only 4 percent are reading it to determine whether it might be of interest.
These steps can help you also with your emails and emails ad marketing for your business:
1. Make your ad words as attractive as possible. Use words like ultimate, powerful, sizzling, hot, etc. Your word should relate and highlightyour total offer.
2. Offer a discount offer on your ad. People are always looking for good deals. You could offer a percentage discount, dollar discount, buy one get one free discount, etc. Give something away.
3. Use a testimonial on your ad. This'll give people proof they aren't wasting their time clicking on your ad. The testimonial should include enough information so they understand the offer.
4. You could have a famous and respectable person on your ad representing your product, web site or service. People will click because they'll trust them over you.
5. Use reverse psychology on your ads. You could tell people not to click on your ad. For example "Don't Click Here If You Are Comfortable With Your Looks"
6. Use a strong guarantee on your ad. Youcould include the guarantee as a headline for your offer. It could read double or triple your money back guarantee, lifetime your money back guarantee, etc.
7. You could advertise a trial or sample offer. This will tell people there is no risk or obligation if they click on your ad and try out your product or service.
8. Tell people to click on your ad. Newbies to the internet may net even know they can click on ads. Just having the phrase "click here" on your ads will increase your clickthroughs.
9. You could advertise a free offer on your ad. People love free stuff. The freebie should relate to your target audience. If the freebie is attractive to them they will click.
10. Tell people the major benefit of your product, web site or service on your ad. It could be benefits like make money, lose weight, increase energy, save money, save time, etc.
For marketers this means that the messages we used to send will become less and less deliverable. If your marketing does not adapt to this new environment you will find yourself listening to the silence of failure. To see how your messages stack up against popular spam filters use this free tool at Gravitymail.com. This will only give you a part of the picture, but it is a start in cleaning up your messages.
Now go out there are start your business booming.