Filing a Complaint Online.doc (303.1 KB) Form_Filled_Questionnaire_091309.doc (91 KB)
To Whom It May Concern:
My name is Jacob Gholson. I am a United States Postal Inspector investigating Pathway-2-Prosperity and Nick Smirnow for various forms of fraud. The U.S. Postal Inspection Service investigates crimes that make use of the U.S. Mail. Below is an explanation of what is going on and a questionnaire. Answering the questionnaire is completely optional but highly encouraged. If you have previously filed a complaint with me, or received a previous email and already responded, you may disregard this email.
Due to the high number of potential victims identified we have deemed it more efficient to send out this email than contact everyone by some other means. In addition a specific email account has been created to handle the emails related to P-2-P it is FraudInvestigations@USPIS.GOV
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS SERVICE CENTER
ATTN: MAIL FRAUD
222 S. RIVERSIDE PLAZA STE 1250
CHICAGO IL 60606-6100
You have been identified as an investor in Pathway-2-Prosperity and are being contacted to determine your loss and the extent of the possible fraud.
Attached to this email are two word documents. The first is a set of instructions for filing a fraud complaint at the U.S. Postal Inspection Service website, https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/f...FraudComplaint
. You can go to the main website; under ***8220;contact us***8221; is a menu item to ***8220;file a complaint. When you click on the ***8220;File a Complaint***8221; option it will take you to a page with a number of different options. The one you want to click on is ***8220;Mail Fraud.***8221; Clicking on that link will take you to the web address previously mentioned.
The second attached document is the Microsoft Word version of the questionnaire. If you would like to respond via email, please open the document, enter the information in the provided fields, and attach the changed document in an email back to me. Please keep the answers limited to the questions asked.
The questions contained in the questionnaire have been reproduced below.
1. Your name, address, date of birth (optional), contact phone numbers and e-mail.
2. The date you became aware of P2P, how you became aware and what you thought you were potentially getting into regarding investing.
3. Details of any enquiries you made with anyone before investing with P2P.
4. The date(s) you invested, how much money you invested in total and currency (US or other)
5. Details of what means you used to transfer monies to P2P (online transfer, check in the mail or payment processor (Alert Pay or STP).
6. Your P2P account user name.
7. Any monies you received as profits on your initial investment.
8. Dates you attempted to contact P2P requesting profit payouts or your initial investment returned and P2P's response if any.
9. Date you realized P2P was perhaps a fraud or scam or too good to be true.
10. Date you contacted any local enforcement authorities to make an enquiry or complaint.
11. Total monies you are out, ($ in - funds received = loss) If you received your investment back or more you would not be considered a victim.
12. Willingness to co-operate in the Canadian Justice system if required.
13. What were you told your money was being invested in? Do you have any emails, chat logs, or other screen shots regarding what you were told? If so, please provide them.
I know that a lot of people believe they have had their money stolen by Nick and P2P after choosing to invest because of alleged false information provided to you by Nick Smirnow. The Canadian Authorities and U.S. Authorities are working together to get this problem resolved as quickly as we can and to return as much money back to you as is available.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Jacob M. Gholson
U.S. Postal Inspector
Office #: (618) 624-0593 Is this legit? Anyone else get this email?