I originally wrote the piece below on the 29th of August and published it at http://www.moneymakergroup.com/Gem-L...=Gem+Lifestyle
. It seems to have touched a nerve!!!!
As soon as my forum note was published, the website was changed, the Company Address, Telephone number and ***8220;Director***8221; details were taken from the website. No one has replied. Funny.
Have Dixcart Trust Corporation pulled the plug?
Have the Guernsey Financial Services Commission started an investigation?
Have the UK Office of Fair Trading started to investigate to see if public interests are in danger?
It seems that not all is well in the Gem Lifestyle Camp. I would not touch this with a barge pole. You will end up losing all your money. Why hide the truth, maybe there is a lot to be aware of, or just incompetent corporate governance. Come on Gem Lifestyle, TELL US THE TRUTH and ANSWER my OBSERVATIONS.
29th August 2008.
GEM LIFESTYLE LIMITED
I am writing to you as I am concerned about the above company and its offering to the public, which you are promoting. The offering to the public gives me several reservations about the nature of the business and its lack of compliance in various areas.
For your information I have listed my concerns below.
1. The company website www.gemlifestyle.biz
does not clearly state who the company is but gives an address in Guernsey.
2. The address in Guernsey is that of a company called Dixcart Trust Corporation Limited who have been issued a Full Fiduciary License by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission.
3. On the page www.gemlifestyle.biz/company.asp
page it clearly states that John Nelson is the Director of the company. This is incorrect according to the public records held at the Guernsey Registry. The Directors are Phillip Charles Elias Perree, Dawn Elizabeth Sarah Perree and Alan Stephen Corlett.
4. The addresses of the Directors are shown as at Dixcart House, however the Perree***8217;s are Sark residents.
5. On the page www.gemlifestyle.biz/management.asp
several persons are listed with various titles, one in particular is Mark Campbell who is stated as Founder. This is incorrect as the company is a Private Limited company and the subscribers to the company are the founding members of the company. It is stated on the publically available documents ***8220;Founder Member Details***8221; as Lubicon Investments Limited a company in Cyprus, that holds two shares only.
6. Referring back to the www.gemlifestyle.biz/company.asp
page there are several activities listed that would appear to require licensing, for example a Casino (also referred to on page www.gemlifestyle.biz/preassociate.asp
) and Virtual Banking Facilities, and I cannot find any reference to a banking license being issued by the GFSC or a License issued by the States of Guernsey under the Gambling (Casino Gaming) Regulations 2003.
7. There is no Statutory Warning anywhere on the website that is currently required under, for example UK Law, stating: ***8220;Do not be misled by claims that high earnings are easily achieved. It is illegal for a promoter or a participant in a trading scheme to persuade anyone to make a payment by promising benefits from getting others to join a scheme.***8221;
8. The business model seems to contravene one or more regulations in the following UK Acts: Fair Trading Act (As Amended. Trading Schemes Regulations and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations.
9. It has been circulated by promoters of this scheme that a commission will be paid for the introduction of Pre-Associates from the ***8364;30 that is required to be paid to become a Pre-Associate, but a there is no product available at this time, it appears that this scheme is a Pyramid.
Yours faithfully ***8211; ScamBusterHarvey